Sunday, August 12, 2007

Mahjulah Singapore-ah

I am still very much Singaporean. And I definitely miss home.
The food at least.

Laska, chicken rice, calbee prawn crackers (the cheapest i found so far is A$1.80!), yong tau foo, fishball noodles, fried rice (from across the road where I live), BAK KUT TEH, ice kachang, SEASONS ICE LEMON TEA, mom's cooking (although sometimes i can cook better :p), mee goreng (the one I had the other day was like noodles with curry powder. yuck), PENG KUEH, TEH PENG (the milk tea here is horrible), nasi briyani ....
Basically everything at a hawker centre. I miss seeing hawker centres.


And I miss talking to people so much in Singlish. I have to be 2-mouthed here - Speak angmohish to the angmohs, and singlish to the singaporean babes.



-



Last Thursday was National Day. So while you people back home were busy celebrating the day off, so was I. but it was belated for me, cause my celebration was on Friday.


But but...it was awesome.

Hm?!

Hah! Multi-cooker working its magic

And the people who made it a blast

No comments: